Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 41 to 46 of 46

Thread: Baby girl names

  1. #41
    Inactive Member mm70's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 12th, 2007
    Posts
    257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Baby girl names

    My daughter, who has an unusual name herself, suggests "Piper", haha. I don't know about that, though...sounds like one of those Hollywood names...just don't name her Apple!

    Noone can prounounce my daughters name, Fallon-they call her "Fae-lin" or "Fallen". I never could understand why people can pronounce "gallon" but not "Fallon"...oh well...

    I think your name should have a cool meaning, so consider that, too. Fallon's means "Royalty" or "Grandchild of the Ruler". I think mine means "Honey Bee"-(real exciting, huh?)

    Some people are gonna call you whatever they want, and not bother to check to see if it is correct. I've seen simple spellings get mispronounced.

    My husband has a name that could be either a girls or boys name and he absolutely HATES it! He said it really ticked him off to have someone assume he was a girl and send him invitations to pageants, etc. But I don't think girls who have a name used for both genders is bothered as bad about it. I think it's kinda cool. We considered naming a daughter "Alyx"-short for Alyxandra.

    I hope you find something you both love and congratulations on your blessing!

  2. #42
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Baby girl names

    Isn't Piper the name of one of Sarah Palin's kids?
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  3. #43
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Baby girl names

    Yes I believe so.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  4. #44
    Inactive Member mm70's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 12th, 2007
    Posts
    257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Baby girl names

    Oh, I think it is!...they all have odd names...Trig and Bristol...I don't like Piper, myself. I thought it was funny when she suggested it.

  5. #45
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Baby girl names

    Bristol is actually more common than people think. Vada's a good girl's name.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  6. #46
    Inactive Member mm70's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 12th, 2007
    Posts
    257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Baby girl names

    Bristol is a nice name, but living close to a city named that makes it an odd choice for me. Claire, Belle, Chloe, Emma are all sweet names that seem "classic" to me.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •